Monday, June 19, 2017

"You are who you hang out with"?

Hello beautiful ----------------------!! How are you this week? I'm hoping all is well for you! Remember when our parents used to tell us, Well, turns out they were right! If you hang out with troublemakers, you're likely going to get in trouble. If you hang out with "Debbie Downers," you're likely going to feel down about your life. If you hang out with people who lift you up and inspire you, you will likely feel inspired to lift others up and inspire them. One thing that has become apparent over the last couple years is the importance of surrounding yourself with the right people. This applies to all aspect of your life, from your profession to your relationships to your children to your health. When I was younger, I didn't really pay close attention to this, but as I've gotten older I have begun to be really careful about who I interact with. While I may have lots of acquaintances that I chit-chat with somewhat superficially, I choose to let only select people into my heart, soul, dreams, and aspirations. I do this not to sound arrogant or snotty, but because I have learned how important it is to be protective of my energy, as well as my hopes and dreams. Not everyone you meet is going to be supportive of you right now, nor will they be supportive in the future. There will always be someone (or multiple someones) who may try to undermine you, to hold you back, to give you reasons for why you can't succeed at x, y, and z. I wrote about this very important topic on the site recently and I'd love for you to read the full post here: https://jessicaespinoza.com/healing-strategy-importance-surrounding-right-people/ I'd also love to hear from you with your thoughts! Hit reply and let's chat! :) Until next week, here's to YOUR health, with love, Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment